Friday, July 16, 2010

What is pain? FRENCH BREAD!



Intense day today! I left with the lead group (such a good call) and hammered to first lunch. The morning was really nice, pretty mellow.

After lunch, though, we hit really strong headwind. It was taking so much effort to move forward. At times the wind would almost tip me sideways...crazy. Headwind is really frustrating. Then it got hot. 98 degrees. Heat index of 108 degrees (aka really humid). Not a great combination. I had great people around me though. Spency let me draft off him, and ben stopped every once in a while to chalk encouragements.

Riding with lead group is hard, since they're crazy fast, but so worth it on days when it's alot easier to ride fast than it is to be outside all day.

By second lunch we were all out of water and just exhausted. I was sweating so much...it felt like I was swimming. There was a streatch of tailwind that was awesome, but other than that we were pretty stuck.

I've never been as happy to see a host site. Finishing today was awesome. I had a lot of fun, and it was definitely an adventure, but by the end, it was just getting painful to be outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment